If your Texas title is lost or never received, a replacement title can be obtained in person or by mail through a Texas Department of Motor Vehicles Regional Service Center. A replacement is referred to as a Certified Copy of Title. Keep in mind, Texas cannot issue a replacement title for another state.
To obtain a replacement title, submit the following in person or by mail to a Texas Department of Motor Vehicles Regional Service Center:
- Completed Certified Copy of Title Application (Form VTR-34)
- Evidence the loan is paid in full (original release of lien), if applicable
- Copy of the vehicle owner(s) current driver license(s) or government-issued photo identification(s)
- In person: $5.45 (cash, check, or money order payable to TxDMV)
- By mail: $2.00 (check or money order payable to TxDMV – no cash)
Regional Service Center locations are listed on page 2 of the Certified Copy of Title Application (Form VTR-34). Requests submitted by mail must be sent to the Wichita Falls Regional Service Center address.