TxDMV issues an annual permit to transport cylindrical (round) bales of hay. The permit allows round bales of hay to be loaded side by side up to 12 feet wide to travel on all state-maintained highways in Texas. All other dimensions and weight must be legal.
This permit is an annual permit that expires one year from the effective date.
Operating Authority Requirements
There are no operating authority requirements for issuance of this permit type.
You are responsible for routing and obtaining current restrictions prior to movement. Active time permit holders may use TxPROS to generate free routes for loads moving under their time permit.
How to Apply
You may also:
- Download the Application/Renewal for Annual Oversize/Overweight Permits (Form 302) and submit by fax to (512) 465-4248, or by mail to the address listed on the application form.
- Call (800) 299-1700
Payment information must be provided with the permit application.
Fees & Payment Information
The annual permit fee is $10. Fees are payable by:
- MasterCard, VISA, Discover or American Express (a service charge of 25 cents per permit plus 2.25 percent will be added.)
- Funds deposited in a pre-established escrow account
- FirstPay Account established through Frost Bank San Antonio
- Automated Clearing House (ACH) – Electronic Check (only accepted when ordering online through TxPROS)
- Personal check, business check, cashier's check or money order, payable to the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
- Cash (MUST be delivered to a TxDMV Regional Service Center)
A permit fee will not be refunded after the permit number has been issued unless such refund is necessary to correct an error made by the Motor Carrier Division.
- The permit may not be transferred or amended.
- Review your permit for specific curfews and conditions that apply to your load and movement.