Important Updates

Remember To Bring along your photo ID when you are buying a vehicle.

You may use any of the following types of identification:

  1. Driver license or state identification certificate issued by a state or territory of the U.S.
  2. U.S. or foreign passport
  3. U.S. military ID
  4. North Atlantic Treaty Organization ID or identification issued under a Status of Forces Agreement
  5. U.S. Department of Homeland Security ID
  6. U.S. Department of State ID
  7. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services document

How do I make a surety bond claim?

Many independent dealers are required to have a surety bond, and these dealers must post a bond notice at their business location near their dealer license. This notice includes contact information for the dealer’s bond company so customers have the information necessary to file a claim.

The surety bond requirement applies to all GDN license types except for Trailer/Semitrailer and Non-Motorized Travel Trailer. The bond requirement does not apply to Franchised dealers issued a GDN license associated to a Franchised dealer license.

If bond information is not posted in the dealer’s office, motorists can submit a Public Information Act (PIA) request to get the name of the dealer’s bond company.

Need a Replacement Title?
Fill out an Application for a Certified Copy of Title (Form VTR-34), and submit it to your Regional Service Center. Or mail the application to:

1601 Southwest Parkway, Suite A
Wichita Falls, TX 76302

How do I...

Renew my vehicle registration?
Learn More
Buy or sell a vehicle?
Learn More
Find the forms I need to use?
Learn More
Get a Driver License or ID card?
Learn More
Get a temporary permit?
Learn More
Do a title check?
Learn More
Get disabled parking placards or plates?
Learn More
File a complaint?
Learn More
Calculate Your Vehicle's Value
Find Your Local Tax Office & DMV