Close a location?

How Do I Close a Location?

  • Log into eLICENSING.
  • Select the “Amend a License” option and the amendment reason “Manage Locations and DBAs”.
  • Provide your:
    • Certificate for the newly formed entity (corporation, LP, LLP, or LLC) issued by the appropriate Secretary of State office if applicable. (This won’t apply if you are a sole proprietor or general partnership.),
    • Bond rider (to remove business location from bond),
    • Power of attorney (for bond rider), and
    • Amendment application fee.
  • If you have metal dealer plates that are no longer needed, cancel the plates in eLICENSING. From the home page select Plates and Stickers and follow the prompts.
  • Complete a Plate Inventory Form (LF707), and mail or drop off metal plates, temporary tags, stickers, and plate receipts at the closest Regional Service Center or the TxDMV Headquarters.
  • Find the closest Regional Service Center (RSC) using the “Find Your RSC” locator on this page or download the pre-addressed mailing label for the TxDMV Headquarters.

LF707 Plate Inventory Form

TxDMV HQ Mailing Label