Registration and Title Bulletin - #016-07
Date: June 11, 2007
To: All County Tax Assessor-Collectors
Subject: House Bill 2105 - relating to the issuance of disabled parking placards to certain veterans with disabilities
These documents contain text of correspondence sent by TxDOT to the county tax assessor-collectors, statutory agents who provide vehicle registration and titling services for citizens in Texas. This information is provided to apprise the general public of issues affecting the state's vehicle titling and registration process.
To inform you of the provisions of House Bill 2105 (copy attached), which has been enacted by the 80th Legislature, Regular Session.
Effective immediately, an individual who has a set(s) of Disabled Veteran (DV) license plates may apply for up to two disabled person identification placards without being required to have the Application for Disabled Person Identification Placard and/or Disabled Person License Plate (Form VTR-214) completed by a doctor.
While we are revising the forms and finalizing the procedures for the application and issuance of placards to DV license plate holders, you will continue using the Form VTR-214. As an interim process we ask that you do the following:
- Have the individual applying for the placard(s) check whether it is a "Mobility Impaired" or "Non-Mobility Impaired" disability and complete the applicant information on the bottom portion of the form.
- Verify the DV license plate number through the RTS Inquiry Event to ensure that it is in the name of the individual applying for the placard(s).
- Write the individual's DV license plate number in the block for tax assessor-collector use only on the license plate number issued line.
- No doctor certification is required on the VTR-214 provided the applicant has been issued DV license plates.
- $5 fee will be collected for each placard issued.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please contact your local Vehicle Titles and Registration Division Regional Office.
In some cases the Registration and Title Bulletins (RTB) contain attachments. If you require a copy of the original signed RTB and the attachments, please e-mail us and include the RTB number. Repeat requests are subject to charges in