Registration and Title Bulletin - #059-06
Date: September 15, 2006
To: All County Tax Assessor-Collectors
Subject: The New Digital Houston Astros Baseball Club Specialty License Plate
These documents contain text of correspondence sent by TxDOT to the county tax assessor-collectors, statutory agents who provide vehicle registration and titling services for citizens in Texas. This information is provided to apprise the general public of issues affecting the state's vehicle titling and registration process.
To provide information on the new digital Houston Astros Baseball Club specialty license plate.
- A new digital specialty license plate, Houston Astros Baseball Club, is available for passenger cars and light trucks for a $30 annual fee, plus $40 if personalized.
- The department shall deposit $22 of the $30 application fee into a special fund administered by the Harris County-Houston Sports Authority for maintenance and improvement of the Minute Maid Park. Of each fee received, the department shall use $8 to defray its administrative costs. The department shall credit $.50 cents from its administrative costs to the county in which the owner resides.
- The Form VTR-999 may be used when applying for the Houston Astros specialty license plates. Currently, the Houston Astros specialty license plate is not listed on the form. Customers may write in this selection on the front of the form until revisions to the form are finalized.
- Attached is a photocopy of the new Houston Astros specialty license plate.
- The Houston Astros specialty license plate may be viewed, and applications downloaded, by going to the Texas Department of Transportation's Internet site at www.txdot.gov.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact your local Vehicle Titles and Registration Division Regional Office. You may also contact Harry Morgan at (512) 465-7480. Thank you very much.
In some cases the Registration and Title Bulletins (RTB) contain attachments. If you require a copy of the original signed RTB and the attachments, please e-mail us and include the RTB number. Repeat requests are subject to charges in accordance with Open Record policies. A subscription service is also available for an annual fee of $250. Subscribers will automatically