Registration and Title Bulletin - #034-06
Date: April 28, 2006
To: All County Tax Assessor-Collectors
Subject: Revised Form VTR-61, Rebuilt Affidavit (Rev. 4/2006)
These documents contain text of correspondence sent by TxDOT to the county tax assessor-collectors, statutory agents who provide vehicle registration and titling services for citizens in Texas. This information is provided to apprise the general public of issues affecting the state's vehicle titling and registration process.
To advise you of revisions to Form VTR-61, Rebuilt Affidavit. This RTB supplements RTB 049-04.
The Rebuilt Affidavit, Form VTR-61, has been revised to include an Owner Statement and Rebuilder Certification.
- The Owner Statement must be completed by the owner or the owner's authorized agent.
- The Rebuilder Certification must be completed by the person who rebuilt, reconstructed, or assembled the vehicle (owner or rebuilder) if component parts were used and must be notarized.
- If the owner obtained the vehicle in a rebuilt condition and does not know what repairs were made or what component parts were used, they must state so in the Explanation of Repairs section.
- Please begin using the Form VTR-61 (Rev. 4/2006). You may photocopy the attached form until your office receives a supply of the revised forms.
- Applications that are supported by a Form VTR-61 with a revision date prior to 4/2006 should continue to be accepted and should not be rejected for the revised form.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please contact your local Vehicle Titles and Registration Division Regional Office.
In some cases the Registration and Title Bulletins (RTB) contain attachments. If you require a copy of the original signed RTB and the attachments, please e-mail us and include the RTB number. Repeat requests are subject to charges in accordance with Open Record policies. A subscription service is also available for an annual fee of $250. Subscribers will automatically