Annual Manufactured Housing Permits
TxDMV issues an annual permit for the movement of newly manufactured homes that exceed Texas legal size limits from a manufacturing facility to a temporary storage location, not to exceed 20 miles from the point of manufacture.
This permit is an annual permit that expires one year from the effective date.
How to Apply
You may also:
- Download and submit Form 302, Application/Renewal for Time Permits by fax to (512) 465-4251 or by mail to TxDMV-MCD, P.O. Box 13529, Austin, Texas 78711-3529, or
- Call 1-800-299-1700
Payment information must be provided with the permit application.
Prior to being issued a permit, you must comply with TxDMV Motor Carrier Registration (MCR), Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) or be licensed by the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA).
Fees & Payment
The permit fee is $1,500.
Fees are payable by:
- MasterCard, VISA, Discover or American Express (a service charge of 25 cents plus 2.25 percent will be added.)
- Funds deposited in a pre-established escrow account
- Permit Account Card (PAC) or FirstPay Account established through Frost Bank San Antonio
- Personal check, business check, cashier's check or money order, payable to the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
- Cash (MUST be delivered to a TxDMV Regional Service Center)
A permit fee will not be refunded after the permit number has been issued unless such refund is necessary to correct an error made by the Motor Carrier Division.
You are responsible for routing and obtaining current restrictions and information concerning hazardous weather-related road conditions prior to movement. Active time permit holders may use TxPROS to generate free routes for loads moving under their time permit.More Information.
- You must comply with escort and vehicle requirements applicable to the manufactured housing.
- You may not transport manufactured housing on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- You must obtain a general single-trip permit to haul a stack of manufactured housing frames.
- Manufactured housing exceeding legal gross, axle or axle group weights must obtain a general single-trip permit.
- A permit may not be transferred between vehicles or permittees.
- Review your permit for specific curfews and conditions that apply to your load and movement.
- A copy of the permit must be carried in the vehicle transporting a manufactured home.