skip to main content

eLICENSING application icon eTAG application icon motor vehicle inquiry application icon title check application icon webDEALER application icon webSALVAGE application icon license application status application icon

How Do I Close a Location?

  • Log in to eLICENSING
  • Select the “Amend a License” option and the amendment reason to “Manage Locations and DBAs.”
  • Provide your:
    • Certificate for the newly formed entity (corporation, LP, LLP, or LLC) issued by the appropriate Secretary of State office. (This does not apply if you are a sole proprietor or general partnership.)
    • Bond rider (to remove business location from bond)
    • Power of attorney (for bond rider)
    • Amendment application fee

Copyright © 2018 Texas Department of Motor Vehicles. All rights reserved. - 4000 Jackson Ave, Austin, TX 78731